Here is a quality list of plumbing tips. Enjoy…
– When you have more outdoor fun you will have more dirty clothes that need to be washed. Make sure that you inspect your washing machine hoses for cracks, leaks and bulges and make sure you remove dryer lint on a regular basis. Keep in mind you should replace your washing machine house every three years or so.
– Move the washing machine four inches at least from the wall. This will help to prevent the hose from kinking and getting damaged. Also, never leave your house while your washing machine is running.
– The ductwork might sweat due to condensation during humid weather. If your drains aren’t clear, that may cause a backup. Leaks inside the seams might cause condensation as well. With an attic installation, make sure there isn’t any water in your drain pan. Call Rescue Rooter/ARS today if there is any water, since that could end up saving your ceiling.
– After having a cookout, be very careful about what does down the kitchen disposal. Most of them aren’t equipped for handling banana peels, celery, corn husks and other kinds of stringy and fibrous foods. Cooking oils and fats are other things you should avoid since they may form clogs inside the pipes. Before and after putting food down your disposal, run cold water for 15 seconds at full pressure to flush it through. Don’t ever put potato mixes, instant stuffing or other just-add-water foods down your drain. When you add water it will end up creating an instant clog. Also avoid eggshells, rice and pasta.
– One great home tip to help you with saving energy and money while on vacation is turning down your water heater’s home temperature and turning the temperature up on your refrigerator. You should first get rid of highly perish foods, such as meat, produce and dairy products.
– The best defense for making sure that your plumbing system runs correctly is to schedule yearly maintenance inspections, and stay on top of the system at all times.